It is possible to update the file and settings of a book without changing the resource ID. This is useful for situation where business needs have changed, or errata in a book needs to be corrected.
How does this work?
- On the Book Management page in your account select the book that needs to be updated.
- Click "Edit" next to the book title you selected.
- Make the needed changes, this includes changing the book file, or the DRM settings.
- Click "Update"
IMPORTANT: This is not an automatic process for your customers.
For your customers to see the changes they will need to:
- In Adobe Digital Editions right click the appropriate title and select "Remove from Library"
- Close out of Adobe Digital Editions completely
- Reopen Adobe Digital Editions, in a moment the Book will appear without cover art. Opening the book will pull a fresh copy from the server with the updated file and/or permissions