Steps in Uploading your eBook for protection:
- Log in to your account using the “Sign In” button on the top right corner of the website. If you don’t currently have a subscription, you can visit the “Pricing” page to choose a service plan that fits your needs. Once you’re logged into the site with your subscriber account, move to step 2.
- Once you’re logged in, click on the “My eBooks” link at the top of the page. This link will take you to the eBook management interface, where you’ll be adding, updating and deleting your eBooks. There will be grid listing your eBooks uploaded to our service though it may be empty for now if you’re just beginning.
- Click on the “Add Ebook” button.
- Fill out the required Title, Author and Publisher fields on the form that comes up. Then, click on the “Upload a file” button next to the eBook File field. A file chooser dialog will come up, where you can select a PDF or ePub file for uploading. Select a file you would like to upload, then wait for the spinning indicator to disappear. The name of the file you uploaded will appear in its stead. If your eBook is not in one of the ePub or PDF formats, there are many free tools for converting from various formats to these online, such as Calibre.
- You’re now ready to upload your eBook. Click the “Save” button to securely store and DRM enables your eBook. Wait until the message “Your data has been successfully stored in the database” appears*. One it does click the “Back to list” button to go back to your eBook list. * If an error appears instead, try using another file or if you believe there is an error in the system, please visit our Help Desk and report the issue so we can assist you further.
- Steps in Uploading your eBook for protection:You’re now back at the eBook management interface, and you should be looking at a grid listing the eBook you just uploaded, along with any others you might’ve uploaded before. Most of the columns are self explanatory, but perhaps the most unclear and important one is the “Resource ID” column. This column shows you the unique identifier that points to your eBook within our system. You will be using this identifier to specify which eBook you wish to be downloaded in the following steps under “Authorizing eBook Downloads”. You’re now done with the first part of our Quick Start Guide. Congratulations! Now move on to the next step.