Zapier is a service that allows you to tie other services together. This makes it immensely powerful for a very wide array of applications.
EditionGuard is excited to offer integration with Zapier. Would you like to receive a notification when any title is sold? Or how about when a specific title is sold? Maybe you are working with several authors and you would like to notify them. All of this is possible with Zapier.
Go here to be included in our Beta test: https://zapier.com/developer/invite/35160/1fb120ee... here you will get access
Getting is setup is very straight forward. Zaps are built of two elements, first is the Trigger, second is the Action. We will walk through both parts below.
- Log into Zapier (creating an account if necessary, they have a free tier as well)
- Click Make a Zap
- EditionGuard should be in "Your Apps", but if it is not listed you can just search for it.
- Right now there is only one trigger "eBook Got Downloaded". (If you have ideas for triggers, please let us know)
- Connect a New AccountZapier will ask for your Auth Token. This can be found at https://www.editionguard.com/account/dashboard/ as the REST API Token under information. This enables Zapier to talk to your EditionGuard Account.
- Choose which titles you want to be notified on when downloadedIf you choose no Titles or Resource IDs it will trigger on all eBooks you have uploaded.
- Choose an Action App (this is the real power in Zapier)Ideally, you want to integrate with an app you already use.For this example, we will send ourselves an email via Gmail.Send an Email to ourselves with the subject "We sold a book" and body "This is awesome, please remember to follow up with the customer!"(Optional) You can add additional Actions. Maybe you want to update your customer mailing list on MailChimp or update a spreadsheet. The options are extremely diverse.
- Name (if you haven't already) and set your Zap to "Live"